Why We Like It
For those who do a lot of music listening from their computer, Audioengine offers a serious combination of sound quality and design at an amazing value.
Audioengine S8 Premium Powered Subwoofer Excellent performance for music, movies, and games. Audioengine S8 is the perfect bass extension for Audioengine powered speakers or as an upgrade to any music system. Super compact size and wireless-ready.
Upgrade your audio
At about 11" square with an 8" custom woofer, this powered subwoofer is small enough to place in a corner or hide behind furniture. The S8 delivers great bass performance and it's low, tight, and smooth bass will blend well with the other speakers in your system.
The S8 has a super-fast woofer designed for audio and home theater performance. It features an anti-resonant steel frame and heavy-duty rubber speaker surround for accurate low end. The S8's bottom-firing and front-ported design means you'll hear quick, precise bass with low distortion, even at higher volume levels. In other words, this is a tight, smooth, and natural-sounding little subwoofer.
Custom-designed and handcrafted wood cabinets with high-gloss white or satin black finish make the Audioengine S8 a true work of art. Cabinets are made of rock solid 1-inch thick, internally braced MDF to eliminate cabinet vibrations which means distortion-free, accurate response.
If you decide to locate the Audioengine S8 away from your powered speakers or surround sound AV receiver, check out the Audioengine W3 wireless audio adapter or Apple’s Airport Express for high-quality wireless options. The S8 has a built-in AC outlet on the rear panel that’s perfect for powering these great-sounding wireless products.
High Power Amplifier
With plenty of continuous class A/B power, the S8 internal amplifier has a dual-voltage switch and detachable power cord.
Dual line-level inputs (1/8" mini-jack and RCA connectors) are included on the rear panel so connecting S8 to all your gear is easy. And all cables you'll need are included.
Versatile Yet Simple Controls
Variable adjustable rear panel controls for Crossover, Phase, and Subwoofer Volume allow you to easily adjust the S8's output and blending with your speakers. An auto-sleep standby feature turns the S8 amplifier off when you're not playing music.
Hear the Difference
The Audioengine S8 sets a new level of audio and aesthetic quality. Even if you're not an audio enthusiast, we guarantee you will still hear a difference!
- Super-compact size
- 8" custom downfiring woofer
- Solid hand-finished, front-ported cabinet
- Auto-sleep power saving mode
- Dual line-level inputs (RCA and mini-jack)
- Cables included
- Excellent performance for music, movies, and videogames
- A perfect bass extension for Audioengine powered speakers or any audio system!
Surround sound receivers
Desktop computers, laptops, notebooks
Flat panel TVs with an analog output i
Pods and all other music players
Internet radio and network music systems
- Type: Powered Subwoofer
- Power Output: 250W peak power total (125W RMS), AES
- Amplifier type: Dual Class AB monolithic
- Inputs: 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo mini-jack and RCA L/R
- Outputs: RCA L/R, full-range
- Voltages: 110-240V, 50/60Hz
- Drivers: 8" (25.4cm) long-throw woofer, downfiring design
- Ports: Single, front
- Signal-to-noise: >95dB (typical A-weighted)
- THD: <0.05% at all power settings
- Frequency response: 27Hz - 180Hz (+/-1.5dB)
- Sensitivity: 88db SPL (1w@1m)
- Input impedance: 10K ohms unbalanced
- Crossover Frequency: 50Hz - 130Hz
- Phase: 0 - 180 degrees
- Standby consumption: 8W
- Protection: Output current limiting, thermal over-temperature, power on/off transient protection
- Dimensions: (HxWxD)11.25” x 11.25” x 11.25”
- Weight: 13.6kg (30lbs)
- Shipping weight: 15kg (33lbs)
In the Box
(1) S8 Powered Subwoofer
(1) AC power cable
(1) 1/8” mini-jack audio cable, 2 meters (~6.5 feet)
(1) RCA audio cable, 2 meters (~6.5 feet)
(1) Drawstring cable bag
(1) Drawstring subwoofer bag
(1) Setup Guide
sub(1) Product line brochure